BREAKING: Iran Rejects President Trump's Call for Surrender Amid Continued Israeli Bombardment

BREAKING: Iran rejects President Trump's call for surrender as country faces more bombardment from Israel in escalating Middle East conflict.

Jul 18, 2025 - 21:56
 0
BREAKING: Iran Rejects President Trump's Call for Surrender Amid Continued Israeli Bombardment
BREAKING: Iran Rejects President Trump's Call for Surrender Amid Continued Israeli Bombardment

BREAKING: Iran Rejects President Trump's Call for Surrender Amid Continued Israeli Bombardment

TEHRAN, IRAN - Iran's supreme leader rejected U.S. calls for surrender in the face of more Israeli strikes and warned that any military involvement by the Americans would cause "irreparable damage to them." The defiant response came after President Donald Trump demanded Iran's "unconditional surrender" as the conflict with Israel entered its seventh day.

Iran's Defiant Response

Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei responded to Trump's post, saying today that "the Iranian nation will not surrender." In a televised address, "The Iranian nation stands firm against an imposed war, just as it will stand firm against an imposed peace," he said in a televised address.

"It isn't wise to tell the Iranian nation to surrender." Khamenei added, directly addressing Trump's ultimatum that had been posted on social media platforms earlier this week.

Trump's Escalating Rhetoric

President Donald Trump said Tuesday the U.S. knows where Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is hiding during the Israel-Iran conflict but doesn't want him killed "for now." Trump urged, in a social media posting, Iran's "UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER" as the six-day conflict continued to escalate.

President Trump called Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei an "easy target" but said, "We are not going to take him out (kill!), at least not for now." When asked about Khamenei's rejection of his surrender demand, Trump replied: "I say 'good luck.'"

Mounting Casualties and Continued Bombardment

Meantime, the death toll in Iran is mounting. The U.S.-based Iranian human rights group says more than 200 civilians have been killed in Israel's strikes. But, for its part, Iran sought to project strength today, with its supreme leader rejecting President Trump's call for unconditional surrender.

In response, Iran launched Operation True Promise III, firing ballistic missiles, hypersonic weapons, and drones at Israeli targets. These exchanges have resulted in significant civilian casualties, with Iranian officials reporting over 585 dead and more than 1,300 injured, including 239 civilians.

Back-and-forth attacks between Israel and Iran continued overnight as the conflict entered its seventh day, with an inactive Iranian nuclear reactor and an Israeli hospital among the sites hit.

U.S. Military Involvement Looms

President Trump declined to say whether the U.S. would strike Iranian nuclear facilities, moments after Iran's supreme leader warned the U.S. against an attack and rejected Trump's call to surrender. The president's refusal to rule out American military action has heightened tensions in the region.

President Donald Trump won't say if he has decided to order a U.S. strike on Iran as conflict between Israel and Iran continues on. Read More ... The Israeli Iron Dome air defense system fires to intercept missiles during an Iranian attack over Tel Aviv, Israel, early Wednesday, June 18, 2025.

White House Dismisses Iranian Defiance

White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt on Thursday dismissed comments from Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei that Tehran will "never surrender." "When you have a totalitarian regime, you have to save face. I think any common-sense, open-minded person understands the regime's need to maintain appearances domestically.

Regional Implications

The rejection of Trump's surrender ultimatum signals Iran's determination to continue the conflict despite mounting international pressure and devastating airstrikes. Iran's supreme leader airs televised comments as Israel claims to hit 40 sites in Iran today alone.

The exchange represents a significant escalation in diplomatic rhetoric between Washington and Tehran, with both sides appearing to harden their positions as the military conflict continues to rage.

International Response

The international community has expressed growing concern over the escalating conflict, with calls for immediate de-escalation coming from multiple world leaders. However, both Iran and Israel appear committed to their military campaigns, with the United States increasingly drawn into the confrontation.

Nuclear Facilities Under Threat

The United Nations nuclear watchdog said today that it is monitoring the situation closely, as Iranian nuclear facilities have become potential targets in the expanding conflict. The threat to Iran's nuclear infrastructure has added another layer of complexity to the crisis.

What's Next

With Iran's categorical rejection of Trump's surrender demand, the conflict appears set to continue escalating. The president's threat to target Iranian leadership, combined with Iran's vow to resist, suggests that diplomatic solutions may be increasingly difficult to achieve.

The situation remains fluid, with both sides appearing prepared for a prolonged confrontation that could reshape the Middle East's geopolitical landscape.


This is a developing story. Updates will be provided as new information becomes available.

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0